Hello everyone..!! Today, I have a piece of good news to share with you..!!
I started writing blog some 5 months ago, with the one and only aim to improve my English. At first, I really had no idea about what would I write. I decided, I would write one post per month, in order to devote more time to my studies. But now, blogging has more or less become my hobby. At first, to be honest, I really didn’t care much about it. But now, even with so much homework and exams always on head, I try to squeeze out little time for writing posts on different topics.
I believe I’m younger than most of the people seen on WordPress. Earlier, seeing blogs of other people, I always thought I wish I could write as nice and crisp as they do..!! But now, I think I’m able to write better than I had expected of myself earlier…
However, never in my dreams had I imagined that I would actually be awarded for my blog posts. This was definitely not in the cards..!!
I was nominated for Sunshine Award by 20/20 Hines Sight. Thank you so much. It has really encouraged me a lot..!! I’ll try my best to write even better in future..!! J
As per my research, Sunshine Award is given to those who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere. I’m happy to find that I have really inspired some people…!!
So, as with any of the blogger nominated awards there are rules. The rules for accepting the Sunshine Award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog (which I’ve already done)
- List 11 facts about YOU! (see below)
- Nominate 10 other blogs to receive the award
- Announce the nominations to the nominee
11 facts about me:
1. I turned 16 in December. I currently study in 9th standard, and would be promoted to 10th in April (few months to go..)
2. I am academically good. However, I prefer creativity over intelligence. I have special respect for all those who are creative, and think ‘out of the box’.
3. I believe in simplicity and being down to earth.
4. My favourite colour is blue and white. Even while shopping, I always look for clothes in white..!! I find white very decent.
5. I have got a nice hand writing, even my teachers praise me for that. But then, I’m the only one who’s made to fill teacher’s diaries, all the display charts, and so on..!!
6. I love chocolates and cakes.
7. In my previous school, I was once awarded for being the topper of my class by the Chief Minister of New Delhi. It has been a great achievement for me..!!
8. I never take care of my teeth..!! Really..!! I’ve been warned several times by my dentist to get it treated, or else it would be painful in future. But, I don’t seem to care much..!!
9. Unfortunately, I have a good art. Due to this, I’m often dragged by my teachers to make all those charts, models, and so on. So, I always have to leave my studies and make drawings..!!
10. I’m a very boring person. I’m not the one who would always entertain you or make you laugh. In fact, I have a very bad sense of humor.
11. My hobbies are blogging, reading novels, watching television, listening to songs, and thinking about my future plans..!!
So, this is it. Now, I have to nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award.
1. Live Out Loud by Upasna Mattoo: I follow this blog because of two reasons: One being that the basic theme of her blog is similar to mine, and secondly, she happens to be my friend, and we together decided to start blogging.
2. True Stories With Gill : Personally, I like her blogs a lot, and I have really learnt a lot from her. She writes true stories of her life, and they are damn interesting. You must really check it out once. You would never get bored, I promise.
3. Stutisharma : One of my favourite bloggers, and my teacher too. She really writes amazingly deep blogs, and it was seeing her blogs that I was inspired to write about reflections..!!
4. Not Found : I checked out this blog recently, and I really liked it. The title itself is so creative.
5. Meanwhile, back at the ranch : I read her blogs regularly. The post I liked the most was The Day He Lived.
6. sherrimatthewsblog : Checked out her blog recently, and liked it a lot.
For the rest four, I’ll have to research a bit. I’ll add the rest soon.