My blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award! I am so so lauded! Thank you Irene A Waters for nominating me for this lovely award, your blog is absolutely amazing and beautiful! She is a wonderful lady who considers herself quite lucky and contended which all that she has. This award exists to recognize the efforts of well-deserving bloggers and I am so honored that she thought of me for this.
Each day, I’m finding myself becoming so much a part of this blogging thing. I really want to thank all of you who have followed me so far. All of those who are truly committed to your blogs, posting inspiring post regularly- your efforts never go unrecognized. It’s all because of so many of you that I want to continue blogging even more! Thanks for that!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
- You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- Nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
- Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
Questions I was asked:
1) When did you start writing in general?
I remember I was 7 years old when I wrote a poem for the first time. I wrote a very kiddish poem without any rhyme or anything. It happened in my previous school, when one day our class teacher was absent, and some other teacher came and gave us a task to write a story or compose a poem. So I made a poem of hardly three lines and felt very happy. I felt like I had really made a masterpiece! So, I shamelessly went to the Principal’s office without informing anyone and recited my poem to her. The Principal asked who sent me here and started firing plenty of questions on me. I had never expected all this. I thought she would give me some gift for my brilliant poem. I answered all her questions and turned back and started walking slowing with a hope that she would call me and give me some reward. She did call me, and I turned with excitement, and she gave me a toffee! All this now sounds very kiddish to me, but that one toffee made my day. I can really not forget that experience!
2) Why did you start this blog?
I started this blog to improve my English. I wanted to get better at communicating what I feel and what I want to say. At first, I didn’t know what I would write about. Then seeing some other blogs, I decided to write about reflections.
3) What is one of your talents?
I’m creative and good at art. I’m academically sound, and I want to become a surgeon. Earlier I used to sing good, but now I really don’t want anyone to hear how bad I sing!
4) What is a great memory from your past?
I remember when I was too young, I used to play ‘shopkeeper game’. I used to collect all the things possible from all the rooms and collect it on my bed. It included all my books, mobiles, pens, calenders, diaries, wallets, television remote and even some utensils from the kitchen! And then I would force my parents and my brother to come near my bed and behave like customers, and then buy whatever they liked. They would obviously do as I directed them to do, and then I would prepare a bill for them wherein they would sign.
I even remember seeing the wedding video of my parents with the entire family. We actually had a get-together that day. So I saw my mom in her wedding dress, but I couldn’t find my father in the video. So, I started crying at the top of my voice that why wasn’t he there! Everyone started saying he got late because he was getting ready. So, afterwards, I could see my dad. Then I suddenly noticed- where was I? And I again started crying that how come I was not there on my parents’ wedding!
5) What is your favourite season of the year?
It definitely has to be winter. Main reason is that my b’day comes in December, so December is my favourite month. And at that time, there’s winter. So winter is my favorite season.
I love my birthday! :p
6) What makes you smile?
Dreaming about stupid things.
7) What do you think about the self-publishing vs. traditional publishing debate?
Both of them have their own sets of pros and cons. But I would like to favor self-publishing. It is risky, but it offers everything a writer could want. No risk of rejection, even for bad ideas and poorly written books.
8) What do you think the future of books is?
I think in future, books are going to get shorter and e-books will take the place of books.
9) If you have some spare time, what do you do?
I usually write blogs or surf the internet whenever I’m free. I even like picking up a particular topic and then researching on that.
10) Are you a planner or are you spontaneous?
I happen to be a spontaneous person. I never go according to plans and time tables and do whatever I feel like doing at that time.
For the rest two, I’ll have to search a little more.
Questions to my nominees:
1. What if you only had a day left to live? How would you spend your last 24 hours? What would be the items on your bucket list that you could tackle in a day?
2. What is your most prized possession?
3. What is your favourite blog post you’ve written?
4. If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
5. What is your favorite post that you’ve ever read? (Please provide link!)
6. Describe yourself in three words!
7. What’s something you regret? And how would you change it if you could?
8. If any character from a novel could be your best friend, who would you want it to be and why?
9. What is your favourite thing to eat for dinner? Do you make it yourself or is there a restaurant you prefer to order it?
10. What was your best memory of 2013?